EFDA is a NGO and a non-profit organization representing and serving the franchise industry in Egypt. It was formed in 2001 (registered by the no. 518/2001 law 32 for year 1964) to encourage and promote entrepreneurship through franchising.
EFDA is a full member at the World Franchise Council (WFC). It was established with the aim of supporting and developing the franchise industry in Egypt.
- Increase the awareness of the "franchise form" of doing business.
- Develop the technical know how of franchising among local franchisors.
- Provide a database of the franchise industry parties.
- Liaison between all stakeholders in the franchise industry i.e. financial institutions, governmental institutions, franchisors, and potential investors.
- Match-make franchisors with potential investors from a local and international stand point.
- Hold the annual Middle East & North Africa International Franchise Exhibition (MIFE).
- Hold the annual Franchise Conference held in parallel with MIFE, attended by renowned world speakers in the franchise field.
- Publish the annual "Franchise Egypt" magazine.
- Develop workshops and seminars tailored to meet the needs of the franchise industry stakeholders.
- Offer consultancy services.