The Irish Franchise Association is the only self-regulatory body within the Irish franchise sector, with a standards based approach to its membership. As a voluntary body they don’t have the resources to regulate the industry overall. However, they do regulate their members and accredit them only when they are satisfied that the minimum best practice standards have been achieved. The members subscribe to the European Code of Ethics on franchising. The mission of the Irish Franchise Association is: "To develop and promote best practice franchising in Ireland and create an environment within which ethical franchise businesses can grow."
- Accrediting members and regulating standards of membership
- Promoting the franchise sector
- Overseeing the annual Franchise Expo
- Running the annual Franchise Awards
- Delivering franchising seminars / roadshows
- Lobbying Government re policy development for the sector.
- Sponsoring Body for the Irish Franchise Skillnet network
- Facilitating Franchisor Forums
- Conducting regular Franchise surveys.